Saturday, December 08, 2007

The Story of the Wet Shoes

Well, for those of you who have even a passing knowledge of me, heck, even people who pass me in the supermarket, know that I have a slight issue with times, places and losing things. Well, you won't be disappointed to know that I have sofar lost 2 umbrellas, and had numerous close calls with other items, been lost numerous times, been half an hour late for meeting people, yes, my somewhat forgetful, distracted, yet charming nature has not changed. But I try. Today I was to meet some friends in Southbank (the southern side of the Thames river, near Waterloo) at Waterloo tube station at 12.30. Of course I made a huge effort, and was there 15min early, so sat and had coffee. As it turns out however, I was actually at "Victoria" station, so come 12.30 when my friends called, I smugly announced that I was sitting in the cafe having a coffee, come join me. Yes well. half an hour later when I finally did catch up with them... Yes, I really must thank all of my friends for their patience.

The weather today was atrocious, but I was glad to get out of the house. Southbank is a wonderful place, and picking up a music program for the Entertainment Hall I was amazed at just how many shows there are on here! So many classical music concerts and operas, all the time! It really is quite incredible, so much to do and see! So after wandering around for a little, we decided to catch a movie (the weather really required it), so we caught a classic "All About Eve", a 50's academy award winner with Bette Davis. Was great! The rain was pelting down when we came out, and so I was glad I remembered my umbrella (ha!). Unfortunately I had decided to wear one of my two pairs of shoes that are not waterproof. Actually, neither of the two pairs of shoes that I brought are waterproof. It is a bit like the feeling when you walk in the rain without an umbrella knowing that you are going to get completely soaked, so you kind of let go and enjoy the experience of getting wet. Well it was a bit like that with my wet feet, just without the enjoyment. *sigh*. So my next purchase is going to be a sturdy pair of waterproof shoes. Especially before I go to Italy.

Well I'm off to check on my Xmas pudding that I made (er... bought from the supermarket). Missing you all terribly!

Ba

No comments: