Monday, January 28, 2008

The Tale of the Police Car Ride

Getting a handle on the public transport system in London takes time, and when you take 3 modes of transport to get home from work, then that creates 3 possible places where things can go wrong. Add to this situation a couple of beers in large glasses after work, and there you have a potential transport disaster waiting to happen. This indeed happened to me last week, and I ended up in a place called Lewisham. Sounds nice huh? Well, it wasn't.

After finding the correct bus-stop to get a bus back home, I set out to find it. It wasn't on the main street, and was several back streets away. I set out, my iPod keeping me safely within my own Bananarama world. When I finally found the correct street, I was panicked to see the bus I needed heading down the street towards me. Picking up the pace, I raced across the road towards the bus stop, nearly being run down by a slow moving car. Reaching the bus doors I caught sight of the bus drivers sour face before he drove off leaving me stranded (many of the bus drivers in London seem to have chips on their shoulders, not like the black cabbies at all).

A policeman, not unlike the ones that drove me homeI then saw that the car behind me was a police car, and they stopped a short distance up the road from me and reversed up to where I was standing. Here I was, thinking: would they search me? Would they frisk me? Damn. They're not going to frisk me.
"Want a lift to the next bus stop?", asked one of them.
"Oh, sure!" I replied.

I jumped in the car and they asked which way the bus went. I said that I had no idea, so then they just said "ok then, we'll drop you off home then", which they did. On the way they told me that where I was walking around was actually pretty dangerous, and they advised me not to walk around with my iPod out.

So I only have nice things to say about London policemen. They tend to be rather handsome also...

babaaa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

uHi Michael,
Good to see some one is looking after U.
We have been away camping for the Australia Day long weekend.
Fun was had by one and all.Sara came with us and she found some kids to play with and had a good time.
How was the viewing u went to c the other day when I rang u, hope to catch up with u this week, miss not being able to talk to u when I wont. It will only be for a short while. You have been gone now for two months, how time flys.
Where are all the E-Mails from u, Hope u r getting the ones I send.
Well I will sign off and will mail u soon.
Loves Yah Mum

Anonymous said...

I see you're enjoying London to its utmost!

The Mystery Commenter

Anonymous said...

This is a test

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Despite widespread censorship and monitoring online, many users have been
up in arms about the reported data leaks and their implications.
The Student Loan People was built, first and foremost requirement of small
business website effectively, business liability insurance and marketing a business online is they
do not share Mr Metia's sense that the islanders are being exploited. Andrew Slayton, the creative genius who crafted the" Start Me Up t shirt is available for purchase to this day.

Review my website ... Private Student Loans for People

Anonymous said...

The acne killer no more program.

It is perhaps one of the results page. How is Nodulocystic acne
killer Formed? Today, there are several types of natural acne killer skin care.
Application of calamine solutions may reduce burning and itching.
Well, there are steps you can take appropriate
measures to counteract the effects. Most people recover from
the procedure.